Уральский федеральный университет приглашает принять участие в конференции "Mega-events for the regional development: citizen participation and social impac" (23-24 марта 2016 г.). Срок подачи заявок - 1 февраля 2016 г.
• The links among mega-events, sport, global consumerism, and nationalism
• The lure of the grandeur: mega-events and festivals
• Mega-events, populism, and the global search for “positivity’
• Mega-events and their role in the promotion of places, regions, and countries
• Mega-events and urban development
• Peculiarities of the connections between the global and the local in the run-up to Russian mega-events
• Academic collaborations with those involved in the run-up to mega-events
• Mega-events, collective memory, and cultural representations
• International organizations and their role in mega-event implementation
• Mega-events legacies: risks and benefits
• Mega-events and the regime of austerity.
Please submit an extended abstract (1500–2000 words in English or Russian) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The submissions should include the speaker’s name, place of work and position, as well as the contact address, phone number, e-mail and the title of the proposed paper (on a separate page).
We will let participants know by February 8, 2016, whether they have been accepted. The abstracts will be placed on the conference website. We are aiming for this conference to lay a strong foundation for a possible special issue of a high-impact journal.