Conference venue: University of Nottingham
Period: 8th March 2017
Deadline for submitting abstracts: 9th January 2017
Description of the Event
Research into gender and sexuality in Russian, East European and Eurasian contexts has rapidly expanded in recent years in the disciplines of history, geography, sociology, literature, politics and cultural studies. The aim of this conference is to facilitate the continued development of this field by encouraging cross-disciplinary conversations around these central themes.
Eligible topics for the conference
Presentations by postgraduates and early-career researchers are especially welcomed. Possible themes may include, but are not limited to:
- Paid and unpaid labour
- Constructions of femininity and masculinity in politics and popular culture
- The life cycle and the regulation of ageing
- Medicine and gendered bodies
- Intersections of gender, race and ethnicity
- Sexualities and gender identities
- Migration and displacement
- Violence and discrimination
Keynote speaker: Dr Sarah Badcock, University of Nottingham
Guidelines for submission
Proposals for 20-minute papers and for panels of 3 papers are welcomed.
Please send abstracts of 250 words and a brief biographical note to the organiser Siobhan Hearne firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9th January 2017.